Monday, February 16, 2009

The life of a college student on a Monday off

Today just so happens to be President's Day. Know what that means? NO SCHOOL! A whole day off to do whatever I wanted to do. Ok, not really whatever I want. But erase classes out of the picture and life becomes a lot easier.
Let's get to the point: today was a REALLY nice day and I felt guilty staying inside the whole time. So I went on a walk around campus. I only got to the Smith building, stared at the vending machines, and went home. I was too bored to go on a long walk by myself. I came back and recruited Cassie to go on a walk with me. We went for a nice long walk. We also visited people. It was so nice to get out of my apartment (where I frequently feel trapped) and spend time outside, with people, and with Cassie. Walks are good. I suggest more walk-taking in this universe.
So far, I have not done any homework today. Technically, I don't really need to until tomorrow, which means I think I'll do it in between classes. I like my weeks better when they start on Tuesdays. They're shorter, and I happen to like going to devotional (make fun of me all you want...I really don't care!), so as a result, I'm thinking this week will be good as well as short. I am also under the impression that next week will be a bit longer. Oh well...I'm just going to enjoy this one while it lasts. And the sun. Because apparently it's supposed to start snowing again on Wednesday.
I should have done more productive things today, but at least I didn't spend all day inside (or start it at 1:00 p.m.) like some people I know. Perhaps I'll work on my scholarship application(s) tomorrow- amongst other things. Sometimes I get wrapped up in life and forget about things that are a bit more important than others, but it was okay to do that today; today was a relax day. All-in-all, I really like having a break from school every once-in-awhile. Now I have to push through until April (8th?)... No more breaks until the semester is over. Unless you count Saturdays and Sundays (and if you do, you're totally and completely lame since no one counts them).

3 comments:

  1. uh, you talking about me sister- starting the day late?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was talking about my roommates...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo jealous that you had the day off! My school wasn't so lucky. And to top that off, I had to take an anatomy final! :) Apparently my school can only take off so many holidays during the year.

    ReplyDelete