Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adventurous

Yesterday was the perfect beach day. Well, the morning was, anyway. Luckily, when Susan, Becca, and I went to the beach, there was no one there. It was super nice because we had the beach all to ourselves. It was a PERFECT way to start out the day...especially a Saturday!

We had actually planned on going to Pounders Beach, but decided to go to one a bit closer after Becca read the weather report and found out it was supposed to rain. (In fact, we ended up leaving when we thought it was about to rain...which didn't happen until about an hour later.)


I got some homework done after the beach. That wasn't too exciting, but it wasn't extremely boring, either. John called me in the middle of it, so I talked to him for a while. I just had reading...and usually the readings required for class are really unenticing to me, but this reading isn't. It was quite interesting. So far, I'm a day ahead on homework, which is nice. I hope I can keep it up. (We'll see how long it'll last.)

Becca and I got bored and wanted to do something, so we decided to go to Foodland. Except we'd already been to Foodland twice this week, so we went to Pizza Hut instead. On our way there, we got caught in the rain. Wasn't so bad at first...then it got harder, so we stood under a tree. The tree worked very well. We thought it had lightened up, so we continued our journey onward. It started pouring even harder. Eventually, we needed a spot to stand. We were outside with no jackets and were getting very wet. We ended up walking up to the side of a house and staying under its eaves. We stayed there for about 5 minutes, just laughing at our situation. It was funny, because a guy walked by from the house next door and went into the house where we were taking refuge. Then a girl did the same thing. I also saw a guy I know from my ward back home running past us with his little boy in the stroller, and so I said hi to him. When we finally left, the 2 of them were standing in the garage, talking. I wanted to thank them, so I said... "Thanks for letting us use your...house!" They said something and kind of laughed, but we started laughing so hard at what I had just said that I didn't exactly catch what they said back to me. It was kind of one of those "stupid haole" moments for me. But quite amusing. We made it to Pizza Hut safely after that. Then we ate outside, and I saw one of my friends, so I said hi to her for a minute. We also made it back to campus safely. It was quite an adventure, and an amusing one at that.
So, to sum it all up, yesterday was quite an adventurous and amusing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment