Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Learn to Laugh"

Today I woke up at 9:24 AM. That's not necessarily bad, except for the part where my ward starts at 8:00 AM.
So, I went to my boyfriend's (Tommy) ward for church. It starts at 10:00, so that was good. I stayed the whole time, which was good. His ward is my previous ward, before I got put into another ward in April. I still know a lot of people in that ward, and I still miss it.
Relief Society was especially awesome. The president gave the lesson, since it was the 1st Sunday. The lesson was on Elder Wirthlin's talk, "Come What May, and Love It." First of all, I just needed that talk as a reminder, in general. But there's one part of the talk that reminds us we need to laugh. Learn to laugh when uncomfortable things happen sometimes. I needed that reminder because some frustrating things happened this week, and instead of letting it go and laughing about it, I got upset. I wouldn't have gotten that reminder if I had gone to my own ward, so I think it was sort of a blessing that I got to sleep in. Plus, I got extra sleep. :) (I'm not saying that I wouldn't have been edified in my own ward. The leaders there are inspired for me. I'm just acknowledging that something good came from that today.)
I'm really blessed in life, and I'm happy that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment