Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Days

Well, before anyone looks at my last posting and reads that I didn't know how to delete the 2 extra blogs...they've been deleted.  I started dinking and tinkering around on blogger after I posted last night (doing several different things), and when I remembered I wanted to delete the two extra blogs, I looked, and found it fairly quickly.  (It's under Settings, and then there's a blue link at the top.) Well, that was nice.
Tomorrow is my last final (I get to finish earlier than other folks!), so I was studying today. However, I got a really nice study break after about 20 minutes (not too long, I know), because Angelica (a former unit mate) was running errands over here today. She was planning on visiting me at some point, but then I got a text from her asking if I wanted to go get shrimp with them.  "No pressure :p" she said. Two things: it's Angelica and it's shrimp! When combined, they're like the deadly duo!  I would give up just about anything to see Angelica or help her out, and I've been having Angelica withdrawals lately, anyway! She told me she's been craving Kahuku shrimp for a while...the shrimp in town apparently has no competition with the stuff over here. Well, that makes two of us. Shrimp is very possibly my favorite food. Her friend was driving his truck, and so Gelica and I rode in the back and talked to each other, which was so awesome.  The weather was really nice, too.  Needless to say, we had a nice time! At least, I did.  Plus, she has really funny friends, so I definitely laughed a lot! (Whenever I hang out with them, I feel like I want to marry a local.)
Tonight my ward is doing baptisms for the dead, so I took off work so that I can go. Going to the temple is usually the only thing I'll take work off for. I'm feeling so happy and carefree today, even though I have a final tomorrow morning!  Anyway, I know going to the temple will provide me with blessings because I sacrificed my time to do the Lord's work, which leads me to believe that my performance this week will be better and more focused.  That's been my past experience. ;)  I'll study more after I get back from the temple, too. It's been a good day, and it's just going to get better!
I have high hopes that I'll get a 4.0 this term. (If I do, it may just raise my GPA enough to get another scholarship for fall.  If not fall, then winter! Who couldn't use more money for school?) If I don't get a 4.0, it will be close.  I'm really really hoping that I will. I know I'll get an A from my Global Skills class.  I'm just not sure about Science Methods. It's riding between an A and an A-. It just depends on how well I do on my final, I believe. Anyway, I'm just saying in a really long way that I need to study more so that I can get a good grade on my final, to get a good grade in the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment